Work Based Skills
Welcome to the Work Based Skills Department
Key Stage 4
Work Based Skills is a course that can help young people get ready for employment.
The course is made up of 5 units:
- Assessing myself for work
- Learning to be financially capable
- Learning about workplace values and practices
- Presenting personal information effectively
- Carrying out and learning from practical tasks set in work
Pupils will watch videos, do research on the internet, complete worksheets, find out information from 'Connexions' and take part in practical work based activities.
All pupils taking this course will have to complete a portfolio of work for assessment.
Pupils who complete the assessment successfully will achieve an Entry Level in this subject.