Welcome to the Music Department
Key Stage 3
Pupils will explore music through performance, listening and evaluation. Our aim is to create an environment where pupils will grow and develop their instrumental skills whilst also participating in a range of ensemble sessions.
The curriculum will provide opportunities for pupils to:
- Evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of the great composers and musicians
- Learn to sing and develop their vocal range
- Gain skills to compose music and write their own lyrics
- Learn how to use recording and composing technology
- Explore how music is created by developing their listening skills and their understanding of music elements
- Learn music notation
Pupils will have the opportunity to progress to the next level of musicianship specifically aimed towards the ability of the individual, however all pupils will benefit from expressing themselves within a group encouraging them to listen, communicate and learn to follow music instructions.